Python Forum
Please make a script
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please make a script
jesus christ,i've looked everywhere,im shadow banned on reddit for whatever reason? Anyway i need to terminate a task called nf.exe that starts itself up every 5 seconds when terminated there are 2 of them,one i can terminate while the other i need admin.btw i dont have admin and im locked out of bios Angel Liar
buran write May-08-2024, 07:25 PM:
fixed thread title
Something odd about this - why don't you have admin rights and are locked out of BIOS? nf.exe is considered a PUP. Would find out where on your hard drive it lives and use different antivirus programs to remove until you find one that works. This is not a python project.
(May-08-2024, 06:46 PM)jefsummers Wrote: Something odd about this - why don't you have admin rights and are locked out of BIOS? nf.exe is considered a PUP. Would find out where on your hard drive it lives and use different antivirus programs to remove until you find one that works. This is not a python project.

Well i would delete it but i dont have admin.Unfortunately my dad has put some restrictions which gets annoying after a while
I'd talk with him and have him do it. I take it the computer belongs to him and he is allowing you to use it.
He bought it for me for personal use,he has only used it once to update nf.exe
sounds like he goofed the update. tell him to show you how to make a backup of all your files. then tell him to show you how to re-install the OS.

find a friend who owns a computer with full rights on it (same OS) and a spare hookup for another hard drive. take you hard drive to his computer and while the power is off and you and he are protected from static electricity, plug your hard drive into his computer. power back on, boot up, access your hard drive, update what is needed for what you want, shutdown, and remove your drive. take it home and put it back in your computer.

need more ideas? google for "evil maid attack" and learn to be an evil maid.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I think he would want nf.exe to be on my pc unfortunately
If the computer can boot on a USB stick, you could boot a live Linux stick and access the hard drive from the live OS. You could replace nf.exe by an innocuous program with the same name.

Otherwise just wait until you are old enough to buy your own PC independently from your dad.

Personally, I let my children access whatever they want with their computers and I don't regret it. They grew up as responsible adults.
« We can solve any problem by introducing an extra level of indirection »
i mean where would i even find a hard drive? My dad has loads of them (he use to work in it) But he kept telling me not to touch it since theres loads of important files inside
(May-14-2024, 08:29 PM)Centsicles Wrote: i mean where would i even find a hard drive?
Sorry I meant the internal drive of your computer, presumably a solid state drive (SSD).
« We can solve any problem by introducing an extra level of indirection »