Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Background task
I don't know were this would go and I am new to Python programming. l What I want to do is write a program were it press two buttons automatically. Now what is happing we have a mill and everytime air gets used the mill stops and give an error amd we have press reset and continue. To get mill going again.

Please advise

Thank you
What do you mean by "press a button"? Is it a mouse click, a key press, a touchscreen, a relay?

How do you know it is time to press the button? Is there a dialog that appears in a window, a software lamp, a real lamp, some sort of message?
Sorry what I mean is when the mill goes down we have to go into to the milling software and click 2 buttons. The two buttons are a reset and continue on the screen with a mouse. It does throw and error code but with the system check.

The more I think about I want it to loop 2x then if the error code doesn't go away then I know there's a problem.
Are you sure you want to automate this?

There's a reason your milling software doesn't automatically do a reset and continue when there is a fault. It is dangerous! Without special sensors, you cannot write a program that knows when it is safe to reset and continue after a fault. A human operator will look at the mill and maybe issue a warning before continuing.

Your posts are kind of vague. It's unlikely someone reading this post has your milling software, so a good description will improve your chances at getting an answer.

What does this mean?
Quote: It does throw and error code but with the system check.
How would your python program know if the error code goes away? What does the milling software do to notify the user that there is a fault condition stopping the mill?
Thank you I understand. Yes now that you say I am not sure.

Again thank you for your help and yes I know I am vague.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  count certain task in task manager[solved] kucingkembar 2 1,236 Aug-29-2022, 05:57 PM
Last Post: kucingkembar
  Schedule a task and render/ use the result of the task in any given time klllmmm 2 2,215 May-04-2021, 10:17 AM
Last Post: klllmmm
  How to create a task/import a task(task scheduler) using python Tyrel 7 3,957 Feb-11-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Tyrel