Python Forum
should I uninstall anaconda?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should I uninstall anaconda?
I am trying to get going with Python. I did the Anaconda install and since then it's been nothing but difficulties.

Now there's another one. I want to install a gui and found pysimplegui and tried to install it. By pip it said. But there is no pip. Powershell doesn't know any pip and neither does Anaconda's powershell.

So I tried conda. googled till I found a command line for that. tried it.

Didn't work. I have a page of errors.

I have installed mysql and had a few hassles along the way with that due to the Anaconda thing.

I google and read and I'm told that if I've got > python 2.x then pip is part of the package. But apparently not so. So does Anaconda leave it out or disable it or something in favour of this 'conda' thing?

I just want to get started in the simplest way because that's where I'm at: the simplest low level. And I thought Anaconda was a step towards that but now I'm thinking Anaconda is the root of all my problems.

Should I uninstall Anaconda and install Python again, some other way? What way?

And if I did that I suppose I'd have to go all through the SQL hassles again?

p.s. For instance of the hassles I just tried to find another way to install pip and found their site and found this warning which sounds like if I'm using Anaconda then things might screw up. And this site also said that pip should already there there. So it sure looks to me like Anaconda is just making life difficult for me.

If I uninstall Anaconda will it leave Python behind?

Here's the warning I found on https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/

Warning

Be cautious if you are using a Python install that is managed by your operating system or another package manager. get-pip.py does not coordinate with those tools, and may leave your system in an inconsistent state.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Uninstall Python 3.10? xytsrm 4 7,328 Dec-23-2022, 12:47 AM
Last Post: snippsat
  How uninstall IDLE? NisseMax 4 8,208 Jun-06-2020, 08:18 PM
Last Post: perfringo
  Is there a method to completely uninstall on macOS? mjcsb 2 2,301 Jan-08-2020, 07:23 AM
Last Post: perfringo
  Uninstall Python-3.5 source xion824 3 4,562 Dec-21-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  No Uninstall Option in Pyton 3.6 Aidan 2 8,697 Jan-29-2017, 01:36 AM
Last Post: metulburr