Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsolicited GitHub
I have some GitHub repositories, and as some of you probably noticed, I've put a lot of work into the t_games one. So I got a pull request from someone I never heard of saying he fixed some typos in the readme. He did change one typo, and changed one word to a synonym. Then he added in some "badges," some of which were wrong (are badges at all important on GitHub?).

One of the badges was "all contributors" which I found more info on here. It says:

all contributors Wrote:People are giving themselves and their free time to contribute to open source projects in so many ways, so we believe everyone should be praised for their contributions (code or not).

In general I don't have a problem giving credit where credit is due. I put an extensive credit list in the t_games interface for that purpose. But this just seems to catch GitHub contributors, and not all of my contributors are on GitHub.

I just use GitHub for my narrow little purposes, and I don't really have a clue about the broader community or whatever. But this just smells like some guy who wants to get his name as a contributor on as many projects as possible, and force people to give him credit by dragging them into this "all contributors" thing. Is that a fair assessment, or am I missing something?
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures

Messages In This Thread
Unsolicited GitHub - by ichabod801 - Oct-01-2019, 01:26 AM
RE: Unsolicited GitHub - by perfringo - Oct-01-2019, 02:03 AM
RE: Unsolicited GitHub - by metulburr - Oct-01-2019, 02:29 AM
RE: Unsolicited GitHub - by Gribouillis - Oct-01-2019, 05:41 AM
RE: Unsolicited GitHub - by ichabod801 - Oct-01-2019, 12:05 PM
RE: Unsolicited GitHub - by ichabod801 - Oct-01-2019, 05:57 PM
RE: Unsolicited GitHub - by buran - Oct-01-2019, 07:33 PM
RE: Unsolicited GitHub - by ichabod801 - Oct-01-2019, 08:05 PM