Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Forum & Off Topic (https://python-forum.io/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Bar (https://python-forum.io/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: New Users Introduce Yourself (/thread-36.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - thewolf - Feb-07-2021

Hello everyone. New member but not entirely new to coding.

Went to school for programming back in 2003 when the .NET framework was still new. Dabbled in C#, C++ and Java. In my younger years from middle school through high school I played around in QBasic and VB4-6 as a hobby and use to enjoy it but eventually just quit. My biggest project in VB6 was a backdoor trojan that I was so proud of. Could only perform 4-5 functions on the host machine but it was a big deal to me lol.

Now I work as a sys admin for a healthcare IT company and have been in the IT field for about 8 years now.

Want to get back into learning some C# for some work projects and learn python just for personal enjoyment. Python is completely new to me but look forward to learning all I can. Currently have PyCharm setup and going through some basic tutorials atm.

Look forward to talking to you guys on the forums. Sure I will have plenty of questions in the upcoming days.

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - j.crater - Feb-10-2021

Welcome all!

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - Nrajaie - Mar-29-2021

Hi everyone, This is NRajaie a new member. I have more than two years of experience in coding & graphic design, therefore, I have a blog where I talk about Technology and especially coding. I join this forum because I really liked how people help each other and I wanted to be a part of it. Here is a link to my blog, as a prove that I am fair and not a scammer: https://studyteck.com/

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - Adrian_L - Mar-29-2021

Hi! My name is Adrian. I really like to program. I like python as it is easy and I can make lots of things. I went from hello world to a command line in minutes. With some help, of course. I still need some help so I came here. I even made a jackpot game. I also have many other interests, too. I am not going to get into that right now. Anyway, that is a little bit about me!

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - swassilis - Apr-12-2021

I registered today to improve my knowledge and skills of Python
and come into contact with other Python programmers.
I have a university background in Mathematics and Computer Science
and i'm mostly interested in improving my practical programming knowledge

Greetings to all

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - Pythnoobvent1971 - Apr-16-2021

Good day, very new here, just started learning to code python. I am an Electronic Technician want to change to a programmer, only started about a week ago. so please be gentle. LOL

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - paulofelora - May-27-2021

(Sep-13-2016, 04:53 PM)Yoriz Wrote: Please feel welcome to use this thread to introduce yourself to the forum.
Hi folks, thanks for your hard work building a community! I'm brand new to Python, but have C, LabVIEW, VB experience. I was actually trying to post a question about Eric installation, but I can't find the buttons for "New Thread". Maybe my account isn't enabled yet to see them?

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - Gribouillis - May-27-2021

Hi Paulofelora, welcome to the forum! This is a screenshot of what I see when I click on the "General Coding Help" from the main forum page (I use the dark theme). As you see, there is a blue button "Post Thread" in the image. That's where to click to post a new thread

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - paulofelora - May-27-2021

Doop! Thanks, I didn't see it before for some reason - paul

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - itolf - Jul-15-2021

Hello everyone,

I am itolf from the UK, I want to start to learn to code and have chosen Python to start my journey with. I have a few basic concepts but other than that I am a beginner.

Signed up here knowing full well that I am going to need the support of a good community if I am to succeed Big Grin

Thanks to you all for making and being apart of this community and I thank you in advance for any and all support!

itolf