Python Forum
Regarding building a website - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Web Scraping & Web Development (https://python-forum.io/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Regarding building a website (/thread-25370.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Regarding building a website - jk91 - Mar-29-2020

REPL means?

RE: Regarding building a website - ndc85430 - Mar-29-2020

Read Eval Print Loop, i.e. the Python shell.

i tried to install Django but it is not getting installed whereas I have already installed python and pycharm and python idle 64 bit 3.8

i am not sure what can i do now?

I'm not sure what to suggest without more information. Perhaps you can try to get more information from Python when you're doing the install:

1. Find out if pip has a flag for more verbose output. It probably does, but I'm not sure what it is - check the docs.

2. Print out the exit code that Python returns to the shell after the command has completed. A non-zero value usually indicates a problem. I'm not sure how you get the exit code on Windows, but you can look that up.

Have you had difficulty installing other libraries?

No I never installed other libs just installed latest version of python and community version og pycharm.
1) how can i find out "f pip has a flag for more verbose output. It probably does?
2) how can i " Print out the exit code that Python returns to the shell after the command has completed. A non-zero value usually indicates a problem. I'm not sure how you get the exit code on Windows, but you can look that up."

1. Read the documentation.
2. Find out - the Internet is a wonderful resource.

(Mar-29-2020, 03:40 PM)jk91 Wrote: No I never installed other libs just installed latest version of python and community version og pycharm.
1) how can i find out "f pip has a flag for more verbose output. It probably does?
2) how can i " Print out the exit code that Python returns to the shell after the command has completed. A non-zero value usually indicates a problem. I'm not sure how you get the exit code on Windows, but you can look that up."

did you mean to say attached error which i am getting in pycharm community edition.

No, there is no error there and besides, that's irrelevant - I don't see what it has to do with trying to install Django. The goal is to try and understand where the installation is failing, if it is.

Are you using a virtual environment? Perhaps try installing Django in that if so.

(Mar-29-2020, 03:49 PM)ndc85430 Wrote: No, there is no error there and besides, that's irrelevant - I don't see what it has to do with trying to install Django. The goal is to try and understand where the installation is failing, if it is.

Are you using a virtual environment? Perhaps try installing Django in that if so.

tried in powershell as well but please see attached screen shot error.

RE: Regarding building a website - snippsat - Mar-29-2020

python is not in Windows path look at Python 3.8 (3.6-3.7) and pip installation under Windows
And you don't need virtualenvwrapper-win,Python come with virtual environment venv build in.
# Make 
C:\code>python -m venv django_env

# Cd in
C:\code>cd django_env

# Activate see (django_env)
C:\code\django_env>C:\code\django_env\Scripts\Activate

# Install
(django_env) C:\code\django_env>pip install django

Collecting django 
Successfully installed django-3.0.4

(django_env) C:\code\django_env>