Python Forum
unable to run unix command using spur - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: General Coding Help (https://python-forum.io/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: unable to run unix command using spur (/thread-12630.html)

Pages: 1 2

unable to run unix command using spur - purnima1 - Sep-04-2018

Hi Experts ,
I am trying to run simple command but getting an error
import spur
import spur.ssh

try:
	shell = spur.SshShell(hostname="EDQDVTAPP01.XXXXXX.com",port=22,username="applogs",password="XXXXXX",missing_host_key=spur.ssh.MissingHostKey.accept)
	with shell:
		result = shell.run("ls")
		print (result)
except spur.ssh.ConnectionError as error:
	print (error.original_traceback)
	raise
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "unix_server_test.py", line 25, in <module> result = shell.run("ls") File "C:\Users\pubhatia\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\spur\ssh.py", line 166, in run return self.spawn(*args, **kwargs).wait_for_result() File "C:\Users\pubhatia\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\spur\ssh.py", line 206, in spawn raise NoSuchCommandError(command[0]) spur.errors.NoSuchCommandError: Command not found: l. Check that l is installed and on $PATH

RE: unable to run unix command using spur - buran - Sep-04-2018

try
import spur
import spur.ssh

try:
    shell = spur.SshShell(hostname="EDQDVTAPP01.XXXXXX.com",port=22,username="applogs",password="XXXXXX",missing_host_key=spur.ssh.MissingHostKey.accept)
    with shell:
        result = shell.run(["ls"])
        print (result)
    raise

RE: unable to run unix command using spur - purnima1 - Sep-05-2018

Hi Barun,

I think you have included [] around command. I tried that also but getting same error

RE: unable to run unix command using spur - buran - Sep-05-2018

Yes, that is what I did. Are you sure it's the same error? Please, post the full traceback
According to docs, shell.run should get a list of strings. Also obviously from your error it starts to iterate over the argument that has been passed to run() - in your case it try to execute just l as command...

Hi expert,

As you said I have changed my code as follows but still getting error. How can I ensure before running any command I am hit that server .Till now I am trying to do this by running ls command

import spur
import spur.ssh

try:
	shell = spur.SshShell(hostname="EDQDVTAPP01.XXXXX.com",port=22,username="applogs",password="XXXXX",missing_host_key=spur.ssh.MissingHostKey.accept)
	with shell:
		result = shell.run(["l"])
		print (result)
	raise
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "unix_server_test.py", line 25, in <module> result = shell.run(["l"]) File "C:\Users\pubhatia\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\spur\ssh.py", line 166, in run return self.spawn(*args, **kwargs).wait_for_result() File "C:\Users\pubhatia\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\spur\ssh.py", line 206, in spawn raise NoSuchCommandError(command[0]) spur.errors.NoSuchCommandError: Command not found: l. Check that l is installed and on $PATH

note that your line#7 is incorrect. The command you try to run is "l", not "ls"

hi In my post I have mentioned l only . I am not using ls . Still it is giving same error with l

There is no command "l". How do you expect to run non-existing command? You claim you want to run "ls":

(Sep-05-2018, 06:32 AM)purnima1 Wrote: Till now I am trying to do this by running ls command

line# 7 should be

hi All,

I am getting same error.

import spur
import spur.ssh

try:
	shell = spur.SshShell(hostname="EDQDVTAPP01.XXXXX.com",port=22,username="applogs",password="XXXXX",missing_host_key=spur.ssh.MissingHostKey.accept)
	with shell:
		print (result)
	raise

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "unix_server_test.py", line 25, in <module> result = shell.run(["ls"]) File "C:\Users\pubhatia\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\spur\ssh.py", line 166, in run return self.spawn(*args, **kwargs).wait_for_result() File "C:\Users\pubhatia\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36\lib\site-packages\spur\ssh.py", line 206, in spawn raise NoSuchCommandError(command[0]) spur.errors.NoSuchCommandError: Command not found: ls. Check that ls is installed and on $PATH

the obly thing that comes to my mind is try to replace line#7 with
shell.run(["sh", "-c", "echo $PATH"])
and see if everything is OK with $PATH